Why does my oven smoke every-time I switch the grill on?
Smoking oven and grill burn off
When our customers call, they often mention that their oven smokes when they turn it on. This is a common problem that often has a simple solution.
We’ve come up with the most likely reasons why your oven would be smoking and more importantly, what you can do about it.
The Five most common reasons why your oven smokes
1. Grease on the elements: When one or more of your elements is covered in grease and you heat it up, it starts smoking. It’s actually burning off the grease. The best way to keep the elements clean is to leave them on after you take your meal out of the oven for a couple of minutes, to give them the chance to burn off the grease. Even if you hardly ever use the grill, it’s still a good idea to turn it on once in a while just for this reason.
2. A build-up of grease in the oven: When the whole oven is covered in grease and there’s a thick layer on the bottom, once the oven starts warming up it will smoke. A good clean should solve this problem.
3. Grease build-up above the grill element: You have burnt off the grill element, but you can’t seem to shift the build-up from the roof of the oven.
Time to call in the professionals as there may be special panels to remove for deep cleaning.
4. Grill pan has a thick layer of carbon/ grease on which won’t come clean no matter what you try. Clean or replace grill pan, with some Neff pans costing £70 to replace time to call a professional who can get the pan as good as new and the rest of the oven to
5. Faulty Oven: A faulty Thermostats cause your oven to overheat, food seems to burn easily at normal set oven temperatures Oven Thermostats-help, Either way, you may need a deep clean after you have the oven repaired
Why not contact OvenMagic, the oven cleaning specialists. OvenMagic has over 10 yearsoven cleaning experience and there isn’t much we haven’t seen when it comes to dirty ovens. If you are looking for a professional oven cleaning service in Worcestershire then look no further than OvenMagic. You won’t believe how clean your oven will be after our thorough clean.