OvenMagic understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our clients and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About Us
88 Farmers Green,
- What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
- The right to access personal data.
- The right to have your personal data rectified.
- The right to be forgotten.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- Contact details (Address of oven(including instructions on how to find location), Billing Address (if different), Email address, Telephone number)
- Technical Data – IP address browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Payment information
- Details about your oven – Oven type, model, hob etc
- Website Usage (via google analytics)
- Website tracking for Google Adwords and Facebook Pixel
- Reviews of our service
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Supplying our Oven Cleaning Service to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract /appointment with you. – We need to know where to go.
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you. – Not everyone needs a full Oven Deep clean
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you. – Whether you chose to speak in person on the phone or make a booking by email or Facebook Messenger, we need to be able to speak to you about appointments.
- We send out a periodical newsletter by email that you will need to have opted-in to – it is not required for us to clean your oven (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time.)
- Records of Invoicing or payment transactions.
- We Analyse the use of Our Site to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
- Marketing to you using the Facebook and GoogleAdwords systems. –you can choose to opt-out of these from within the Privacy setting on each system.
- We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will, therefore, be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Invoicing/payment transaction details – 7 years in accordance with UK tax laws.
- Subscription to the newsletter – As long as the user wants to remain subscribed – user can unsubscribe at any time.
- Facebook Messenger – messages will be marked as done and archived once a booking is made – if the customer contacts us again, the old messages will be activated. Messages can be deleted on request – deleting a Facebook message by User does not mean it has been removed from OvenMagic.
- Contact forms / emails – Contact details
For new enquiries – that do not complete to booking stage – 12months. Customers who have made bookings – 3 yrs after the last booking.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to, are legally entitled to and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”). Or with companies within the EU-US privacy shield agreement. Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- Our site has industry-standard SSL to encrypt data from our site.
- Your personal data is not stored on our website, it is merely transmitted to us via email and stored on our email service and our contact management system on devices.
- All Devices are password protects, with updated internet security software
- Communication Data is stored on our Email servers/cloud storage
- Card Payments – made during an appointment means we do not store bank details or card details.
- Website security –monitors your IP address and information about its operating system, browser, and host, the date and time you access the Service and the pages you visit. We collect this non-identifying information in order to help diagnose problems and to administer the Service, accessed via the website.
- Bookings are kept in a diary, kept with OvenMagic, or stored securely out of hours.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
OvenMagic We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to the exception as stated below and for the performance of this contract.
For the performance of this contract we may need to provide your personal data to the following:
We use third companies to help us carry out jobs, and this may include them using/storing or potentially having access to your personal data.
This include (invoicing and card payments, bookkeeper, website hosting / Email servers, Facebook Messenger and chatbot, website security and website usage.)
Our web designer has access to website & Facebook page/messenger in order to keep the sites working and secure and working properly.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses as stated in this Notice.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request.
We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it.
If you want to amend or delete your personal data please contact us via email or phone and where possible we will comply with your request.
Unless we are required to hold this information for contractual or legal reasons.
We will respond to your access request within one month of receiving it.
Our Cookies are split into categories by our cookie bot banner into 4 fields:
- Necessary cookies – make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers. (GoogleAdwords, Facebook Pixel) – This also includes Cookies for our Facebook Messenger Chatbot.
- Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously. – Google Analytics
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies via the Cookiebot banner or via your internet browser. For more information
- By not enabling some of the cookies some area of the website may not work in the way we expect – for example, if you opt-out of marketing cookies then the Facebook Messenger chatbot feature on this site will not show
- You can choose to delete Cookies from your computer or device at any time, however, you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- You can choose to reset you cookie bot banner options at any time by visiting our cookie page and with changing or withdrawing consent options.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details (for the attention of Kevin Kemp:
Email address: email@example.com.
Telephone number: 07974807118.
88 Farmers Green,